Me, Harvey, and ALZ: How I Kept My Husband Who Has Alzheimer’s Coherent For Over a Decade is really a love story written by a wife about her experiences of keeping her husband alive and viable while battling the dreaded disease that one day will take her beloved’s mind and then him.
Syndee Hendricks has opened her private life to share with you all the tips, tools, and strategies of how she maneuvered a disease her husband got while she had no experience whatsoever with it. Though she knew Harvey’s mother had Alzheimer’s disease, she did not learn of the heredity perspective until years later. Inside these pages you will not only read Syndee and Harvey’s special story, you will also gain information about what many have asked her when they saw how coherent Harvey remained past that first decade, and how she kept her own sanity. She covers information, including:
- How she managed her medical team
- Daily responsibilities for caregivers
- Forms to manage prescription drug dispensing
- Nutritionals and alternative treatments that made a difference
- Keeping everyone informed
- Forms in a Home Survival Binder
- Home Emergency Plan
- Recipes for multiple meals
- And so much more!